Thursday, January 22, 2009

First Naughty Word

Ok I have debated on whether to post this or not, but it's too funny so I had to. A few days ago I was getting Ella G's papers out of her backpack and I was doing the whole mommy voice and oohing and ahhing over what she did that day. Anyway, I pulled out a little thing that looked like a paper chicken. So I said "Ella Grace did you make a chicken at school today?" in a very excited voice. She turns around, looks at me like I'm the biggest idiot and says in a teenage smart tone, "Yeah, what the hell are you asking me for?" I wanted to laugh SO bad but I knew I had to discilpline her because she knew it was wrong. I could tell by her face after she said it. But it was so hard not to crack up. I honestly have no idea where she got it from or how she knew how to use it. She said she heard it at school, but my guess is she heard it on TV. However, it was the first so I had to tell it!

2 comments:

Melissa McCutcheon said...

I'm looking at her photo and imagining her saying that in my head. This is HILARIOUS. Did you tell your mom??

Unknown said...

Hey April!
I love the stories of EG; gives me something to look forward too with Sophie !!

The little bumbo seat is a neat thing! She likes it but honestly, I think she's too small for it right now. Maybe she will appreciate it more in a couple of weeks. It's amazing how fast she is growing... I use to hear people say that about kids but I never really thought it until now, guess because I'm a parent :)